The goal of Dental Access Carolina, LLC is to increase access to dental care for economically disadvantaged children who are receiving little or no care by traditional means. We will provide compassionate, comprehensive care to children on site at their schools or at other central locations during school hours in fully equipped mobile clinics by competent and caring practitioners. Utilizing the most modern techniques and strictest infection control procedures, we will provide comprehensive and preventive dentistry in an atmosphere that allows us to develop and maintain an honest, caring relationship with each patient, each member of the dental team, and each member of the school's team. We will accomplish these goals in an environment which fosters a true winning relationship for all who are involved: the schools, the parents, the dental team, and, most importantly, the CHILDREN!
Schools win because less nursing and administrative time is required to coordinate treatment for students who are in pain or who have urgent needs. Parents win because transportation issues, lost time from work, and time required to locate a willing provider are eliminated. The dental team wins because they can provide a much needed service to patients who generally are helpless in the management of their own healthcare needs while enjoying a reasonable standard of living and still have time to devote to their own families. The children win because their dental needs are addressed by both conservative early care and preventive education, thus allowing the students to concentrate on learning and not on pain!
Dental Access Carolina, LLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age disability, or sex. Read More...
Dental Access Carolina was founded by Dr. John Reese in January of 2001 to provide comprehensive care to the underserved population of Medicaid eligible children in one school district in York County, South Carolina. He approached the SC Dental Association, the SC Board of Dentistry, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Health and Environmental Control, and the Department of Social Services, along with school district representatives with his idea to assess the needs and to determine the logistics and feasibility of his idea.
After receiving positive feedback from all sources, he next began the process of securing a facility in which to provide the much needed services. He was able to obtain a used recreational vehicle and modify it to fit most of his needs for this pilot program. Due to the immediate success of Dental Access Carolina, Dr. Reese sold his brick and mortar practice in September of 2001 to concentrate on Dental Access Carolina full time.
Dr. Reese has since expanded Dental Access Carolina's services beyond York County into other school districts, with dentists providing the service in vehicles designed by him and custom built to his specifications so that doctors and patients can enjoy treatment in state-of- the-art mobile dental facilities which are fully equipped and fully self-contained.
Dr. John E. Reese, III
Dental Access Carolina is a Limited Liability Corporation founded by Dr. John E. Reese, III. Dr. Reese is a native of Columbia, South Carolina. He received his B.S. in Biology from the Citadel in 1984, and his Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) from the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston in 1988. Dr. Reese then served four years on active duty as a General Dentist in the United States Air Force before settling in Rock Hill with his family in 1992. Dr. Reese is married to the former Beverly Gantt, and has four sons, Danny, John IV, Robbie, and James.
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- South Carolina Dental Association
- Tri-County Dental Society
- Citadel Alumni Association
- Rock Hill Kiwanis Club
- York County Regional Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Reese's honors, professional and civic affiliations
- Citadel Scholar - Full Scholarship Recipient , The Citadel
- Student Body President - College of Dental Medicine, M.U.S.C.
- Student Government Leadership Award - College of Dental Medicine, M.U.S.C.
- Board of Trustees Member (National) - American Student Dental Association
- President, Tri-County Dental Society (York, Lancaster, and Chester Counties)
- Board of Directors Member - Rock Hill Kiwanis Club
- Terrific Kids Program Chairman- Rock Hill Kiwanis Club
- Guest Lecturer - Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine
- Guest Lecturer - York Technical College
- Guest Lecturer - Rock Hill, SC School District Three
- Outstanding Young Men of America Recipient
- Commissioner- Commission on Children and Youth - City of Rock Hill, SC
- Ethics Committee Chairman - SC Dental Association, Central District
- Membership Chairman - SC Dental Association, Central District
- Secretary-Treasurer - SC Dental Association, Central District
- Vice President - SC Dental Association, Central District
- President-Elect, SC Dental Association, Central District
- President, SC Dental Association, Central District
- Board of Governors, SC Dental Association
- Delegate - SC Dental Association
- Pierre Fauchard Academy - Fellow
- Pierre Fauchard Academy- Membership Vice Chairman, SC Section
- Pierre Fauchard Academy - Chairman, SC Section
- International College of Dentists - Fellow
Why We Exist
Tooth decay is the number one unmet health need of children.